STUDENT INFORMATION SHEET
1. TRAVEL TIPS: If you arrive in Columbia via the Columbia Metropolitan Airport, you can travel to Fort Jackson by commercial auto. Otherwise, taxi fare begins at $20 for one to two passengers and $4 for each additional passenger. An airport shuttle is estimated to cost $16 for one to two passengers. There is currently a United Service Organizations (USO) at the airport if you need additional assistance.
a. GOVERNMENT MESS: Government mess for officers and enlisted personnel is not available. ATMs are available for obtaining cash advances. The installation has an Officer Club and an NCO Club. It does not matter what your rank is, you may eat at either location.
b. BASE SHUTTLE SERVICE: Not provided from Columbia Metropolitan Airport. No shuttle service in and around Fort Jackson. You must have access to a Privately Own Vehicle (POV) or rental car to ensure that you arrive to class on time.
c. LODGING: The Fort Jackson Lodging may be reached at (803) 782-9802. If there is no lodging on post, the Fort Jackson Lodging office will assist you with off post lodging or you may call Victory Travel at 1-800-221-3503.
3. STUDENT PHONES AND COMPUTERS: Telephones are available for student use. Classroom will have computer/internet access.
4. SMOKING POLICY: Smoking is authorized only in designated areas.
5. ACADEMIC STANDARDS: A minimum of 80% on the exam is required to successfully complete the course and a “Go” on the team presentations.
6. TRAVELING OUT OF TOWN: Military students traveling beyond a 200 mile radius of Fort Jackson (FJ) must obtain authority to do so from Alpha Company, Training Support Battalion. The FJ Form, Request and Authority for Pass, Regular/Special, must be filled out by the student prior to travel. The Class Advisor will assist you.
7. GRADUATION DAY: Do not make travel arrangements earlier than 1500 on the last day of class. Transportation to the airport after graduation is the student’s responsibility.
8. AUTHORIZED PARKING AREA: The parking lots on the west and east sides of Building 10,000 are available for student parking as marked. Do not park in the reserved spaces which will be marked with a number painted on the curb.
9. MEDICAL FACILITIES: Sick call is conducted from 0700 – 0900 and 1300 – 1430 at Moncrief Army Hospital (MACH) Monday through Friday. MACH does not have an emergency room!
10. AKO ACCESS:
The Financial Management School (FMS) utilizes Blackboard as the primary means of testing students. You will be required to log into Army Knowledge Online (AKO). In the event your CAC card does not work on the school’s computer, you will need to manually enter your username and password. Exams are taken via Blackboard, so you must be able to access your AKO with or without your CAC card.
If you do not have an AKO username and password you can obtain one thru the AKO main login page https://www.us.army.mil .
11. THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING:
12. ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION:
a. You are encouraged to bring sufficient funds with you to cover your entire stay. A government credit card is highly recommended. Fort Jackson no longer has the capability to provide TDY advances to soldiers or civilians from other stations due to DFAS consolidation.
b. Your address for mail:
US Army Financial Management School (FMS),